- You have the desire to be part of a fun, dynamic, social swim team
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You can swim one length of the pool (25 yards or meters; don't worry about speed, distance or technique)
- DSST membership: $60 per month or $150 per quarter
- US Master Swimming (USMS) Membership: $70 per year (as of 2023)
- New swimmers have the option of a one-month free trial before they are required to join USMS and DSST as a paying member. If you are new to USMS and want to sign up for a one-month trial, Join USMS Here.
- When signing up with USMS, select Different Strokes Swim Team (DSST), under Southern Pacific Masters, as your team.
- Complete the DSST Registration Form, after which you will receive a welcome email.
- Complete your profile on the DSST website.
- Check the calendar and join us for a practice! Text the membership coordinator before attending.
What to bring:
- Swim Suit
- Water Bottle
DSST will provide kickboards and pull buoys for use during practices.
*If you are a full-time student, you may be eligible for a discounted rate. Contact email@example.com for information.
Are you a non-member interested in swimming with DSST? If so, and you are a current USMS member, you can pay a $15 fee per workout to attend any of our regular practices. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up.
Your monthly dues help keep the team afloat! They pay for pool rental, a coach on deck each practice, club registration to USMS, etc. Your dues also cover your entry fee at the pool each time you attend practice. Payable quarterly or monthly, dues are nonrefundable, as the coach and pool must be ready for practice regardless of whether or not you can make every practice. Should you need to postpone or cancel your membership, please send an email to email@example.com.
USMS membership is required. USMS insures our swim club. Benefits of membership are a subscription to SWIMMER magazine, eligibility to enter USMS swim meets, discounts from USMS partners and exclusive content on the USMS site.